Re: PostgreSQL@FOSDEM 2010 - Call for talks

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL@FOSDEM 2010 - Call for talks
Date: 2009-12-03 12:32:59
Lists: pgeu-general pgsql-announce pgsql-general

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> We will have a number of 45 minutes slots, and may split one or more
> into 3 back-to-back 15 minute slots if we receive suitable proposals.

I would like to suggest we reduce the number of talks and have instead
some more participatory round-table discussions. I think it would be
better to find out what problems people are facing, what features they
would be interested in, what's stopping non-users from adopting
postgres, etc. I would suggest having a few general topics like
"security", "replication", "high availability", "change management",
"postgres upgrades", etc.

--
greg