Re: New mug design

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New mug design
Date: 2009-12-02 01:55:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> It could be:
>
>        START TRANSACTION:

I don't feel these make it better. The point of the pun is to have
something which looks natural and not out of place but which also
reads as an english sentence telling people they should use Postgres.
START TRANSACTION is imho a compatibility syntax we have to ease
migration from other systems and neither reads naturally as an
postgresish sql command, nor does it have a double-meaning unless it's
saying that people should buy a license or support contract.

An argument could be made for BEGIN WORK -- but even that seems out of
place to me.

--
greg