Re: Postgres Sql7.3 Update

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: "kunwarpal(dot)rawat" <kunwarpal(dot)rawat(at)newgen(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Sql7.3 Update
Date: 2009-09-03 11:03:35
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 1:09 PM,
kunwarpal.rawat<kunwarpal(dot)rawat(at)newgen(dot)co(dot)in> wrote:
> Dear Support Team,
>

> I am currently using postgresql version 7.3 and I want to upgrade this
> version.
>
> So, can you please help me regarding the
>
> 1.       List of upgrades/patches/service packs available to update the
> postgresql 7.3 version

There were 21 patch releases available for 7.3. You can see the list
on this page and see what bugs and security holes they fixed:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/appendixes.html

However you should realize that 7.3.21 came out a year and a half ago
and was the end of life for 7.3. If any further bugs or security holes
have been found they would not generally be fixed. Users are advised
to upgrade to a supported release.

> 2.       The list of feature that’s updating in each new version of the
> software.

That same link has the release notes for versions 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2,
8.3, and 8.4 along with all the patch releases for them. It will take
a long time to read as you're talking about 6 years of development.

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf