Re: PostgreSQL configuration

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL configuration
Date: 2004-04-11 06:41:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I seems to me that the existing situation is actually correct :

The configuration is a property of the initialized database cluster, so
a logical place for it is in the root of said cluster.

It is *not* a property of the installed binary distribution (e.g
/usr/local/pgsql/etc) - as you may have *several* database clusters
created using *this* binary distribution, each of which requiring a
different configuration.

Having said that, I am ok about the 'include' idea.

regards

Mark