Re: Under what circumstances does PreparedStatement use stored

From: Alexander Staubo <alex(at)byzantine(dot)no>
To: James Robinson <jlrobins(at)socialserve(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Under what circumstances does PreparedStatement use stored
Date: 2004-04-09 20:26:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Afaik: As of 7.2, PostgreSQL now supports prepared plans. However, I
do believe this requires explicit actions on part of the client (see
documentation section 43.1.2).

Unfortunately, PostgreSQL's JDBC driver does not support
server-prepared statements yet. Every time you execute some statement,
the statement's SQL text is sent in its entirety to the back end.

(Batching statements does not help much, other than to reduce the
number of client-server roundtrips.)

Alexander.