pg_ctl porting

From: Ronald Kuczek <kuczek(at)kuczek(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_ctl porting
Date: 2004-04-08 18:04:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi all,

I have skeleton from Claudio and Keith Woodell.
Idea to start postmaster as new console thread is - IMO all except
productive solution.
Postgres is running as service - quasi-service (the same thing you can
realize with M$ srvany).
My suggestion is - to add to postmaster Win32 service features.
Start,stop,pause, restart, eventlog,service manager etc.
For debugging purposes - developer can start postmaster in console like
any application.
If you want I can continue Claudio's work and complete pg_ctl, my
opinion you know.
Reload can be handled on Pause/ResumeService.
Please tell me your choice, I'll realize it.

Best regards
Rony