problem with pg_dump - reg.

From: Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy <shan(at)ceedees(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with pg_dump - reg.
Date: 2004-04-08 06:04:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear Group,
Thanks for all your support to my previous
postings. I am currently using Postgresql 7.3.4-2PGDG. The problem I
am facing is that when I take a dump of the DB using pg_dump and restore
it using the cat pg_dump_file |psql dbname, I find that some views and
functions are missing. But the same views when created manually in the
newly restored database works fine. I would appreciate your input in
this regard. I am using Redhat 7.3 on one machine and Redhat 8.0 on
another. The same behavior is found on both.
Thanks in advance,

Shan.