Re: PGSQL ODBC Install problems under windows

From: Rob Caulfield <rob(dot)caulfield(at)framestore-cfc(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGSQL ODBC Install problems under windows
Date: 2004-04-07 09:15:13
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Dave,
thanks for the speedy reply, I've just checked those reg entries and
they are all there (PostrgreSQL, PostgreSQL Legacy and the PostgreSQL
UniCode Beta entry). So I'm still stumped, to be honest it's one of the
weirdest things I've ever seen on Windows. The install has been tried
under both enterprise admin accounts and local admin accounts and still
the same outcome so that rules out insufficient privileges. All I can
think of is that there is some conflict between one of the XP Security
updates and something the PGSQL ODBC installer is trying to do (or does).

The quest continues....... anyone else got any ideas?

Cheers,

Rob.