BYTEA maximum sizes (Re: Storing jpgs)

From: David Garamond <lists(at)zara(dot)6(dot)isreserved(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BYTEA maximum sizes (Re: Storing jpgs)
Date: 2004-04-07 04:58:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Rod K wrote:
> I've found bytea works better for me than large objects.

Speaking of BYTEA, what is the recommended maximum sizes for data to be
put in there. I've played with megabytes-sized BYTEA and the memory
requirement is pretty huge... Is it possible for BYTEA to be efficient
and supporting chunk processing in the future? Is BYTEA and TEXT the
future of all lobs?

--
dave