Re: Wich hardware suits best for large full-text indexed

From: Diogo Biazus <diogo(at)ikono(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wich hardware suits best for large full-text indexed
Date: 2004-03-31 17:03:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Teodor Sigaev wrote:

> What is distribution of records by codgrupousuario field?

There are lots of documents in common between diferent user groups
(codgrupousuario = user group id), but each user groups can access a
subset of documents based on the types of document and data sources
(fontes) they are allowed to use.

> You can use multi-column index (with contrib/btree_gist):
> create index fti on qrydocumentos using gist (codgrupousuario,
> conteudo_stem_ix);
> or partial index
> create index fti on qrydocumentos using gist (conteudo_stem_ix) where
> codgrupousuario = 1;

I´d rather not create partial index (I would have to create a trigger
that creates an index each time a row is inserted on codgrupousuario).
But I'll try it to see how it performs.
The multi-column index seems a good idea.

> One more. Let you use ispell dictionary ( I suppose, for Portuguese
> language,
> http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell-dictionaries.html#Portuguese-dicts
> )

I'll make some tests with ispell, thanks for the advices.

My Regards,

--
Diogo Biazus
diogo(at)ikono(dot)com(dot)br