Re: Wich hardware suits best for large full-text indexed

From: Ericson Smith <eric(at)did-it(dot)com>
To: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
Cc: Diogo Biazus <diogo(at)ikono(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wich hardware suits best for large full-text indexed
Date: 2004-03-31 05:59:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Look into running Swish-e instead:
http://www.swish-e.org

Great speed, nice engine, excellent boolean searches. We run it on
several sites each with over 500,000 documents. Performance is
consistently sub-second response time, and we also integrate it within
PHP, Perl and Postgresql too.

I know, it is nice to use tsearch2, but we also found the performance
lacking for those big indices. Maybe Oleg and the tsearch2 gang have
some extra tips?

- Ericson