Re: plperl: update ppport.h and fix configure version check

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plperl: update ppport.h and fix configure version check
Date: 2021-10-05 14:30:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Seems OK. Note that the Msys DTK perl currawong uses to build with is
> ancient (5.6.1). That's going to stay as it is until it goes completely
> out of scope in about 13 months. The perl it builds plperl against is
> much more modern - 5.16.3.

That brings up something I was intending to ask you about -- any special
tips about running the buildfarm script with a different Perl version
than is used in the PG build itself? I'm trying to modernize a couple
of my buildfarm animals to use non-stone-age SSL, but I don't really
want to move the goalposts on what they're testing.