Re: \s paging?

From: Ron St-Pierre <rstpierre(at)syscor(dot)com>
To: CSN <cool_screen_name90001(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: \s paging?
Date: 2004-03-26 16:51:26
Lists: pgsql-general

CSN wrote:

>Is it possible to have "less"-type paging with psql's
>\s command? Or other ways like display the last 50
>commands backwards?

Since no one has had a go at this, I'll try. The docs say that it is no
longer necessary to use the \s command because all commands are saved on
program termination. However, if you want to read/cycle through previous
commands while the app is still running you have to configure postres
with readline. Then you can just use your up/down arrows on your
keyboard to display previous commands. Also available in the few linux
distros I've used is the shift-pgUp/shift-pgDwn functionality in a
terminal to view input and output that's already scrolled off of the screen.

HTH
Ron