Re: Further crashes

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Stefan Csomor <csomor(at)advancedconcepts(dot)ch>
Cc: "'Adam H(dot)Pendleton'" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>, 'pgadmin-hackers' <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Further crashes
Date: 2004-03-21 21:26:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Stefan Csomor wrote:

>true mac app. So most of the controls render transparently, and embedding
>controls like notebooks and group boxes have different shades of gray.

I already suspected the color thing wouldn't be that easy.

>For the size of different controls: on mac we have two (on panther three)
>different rendering sizes of controls (including their fonts) normal, small
>and mini. You will be able to set the default rendering on a wxSystemOptions
>level and already now you can set it on each control individually by
>SetWindowVariant(wxWINDOW_VARIANT_NORMAL , SMALL etc). I've also implemented
>the latter call in wincmn, so that this translates into smaller control
>fonts on platforms that don't allow scaling the control rendering itself.

I'm not sure, is this the reinvention of the wheel? Using DlgUnit sizing
will resize the control according to the font used. We certainly don't
want to set each window's font individually, it's right the opposite: we
set the parent, and all childs will use that font (for display and size
calculation) unless changed afterward.

We have well-designed dialogs that provide exactly the space needed for
each control's contents (relative to the font). We certainly don't need
an additional mechanism for changing the rendering. Or is
SetWindowVariant just about GetBestSize etc? I'd understand that, but we
don't use it anyway.

Regards,
Andreas