Re: XWindows crashes

From: Steve Fox <steve(at)wiscota(dot)net>
To: Greg Ford <greg(at)reddfish(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XWindows crashes
Date: 2004-03-14 22:14:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

I've had the same problem, gentoo 1.4, 2.6.3 kernel, xfree 4.3.3;
happens w/kde, fluxbox, windowmaker. If I'm lucky, I can Alt-F to close
the sql session and get my mouse back. Otherwise I need to flip to a
virtual terminal and kill the pgadmin's pid. If the keyboard is
completely unresponsive, I ssh in from another box, get the pid and kill
-9 it. This happens at least once every day, I've remedied some of the
problem by using the keyboard to select, copy, cut and paste text. For
the most part, though, pgadmin3 saves me so much time, I don't get too
annoyed with this error.

Steve

Greg Ford wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have several RedHat 9 machines running PgAdmin III v 1.0.2.
> For the most part, PgAdmin is running well, but we have had frequent
> crashes. These crashes are usually associated with selecting
> and (possibly dragging) text in the SQL windows. The mouse
> cursor changes to a right-angle, and X-windows immediately stops
> responding to the mouse (with luck at this stage X will respond to
> ctrl-alt-backspace).
>
> I had a quick look through the archives and could not find any
> other reports of this problem. Has anyone got a work-around/fix?
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg Ford

Use this for browsing the Web: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Use this for your e-mail: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/