Re: The big MySQL spin

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The big MySQL spin
Date: 2004-03-14 14:38:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Christopher Browne wrote:
>>

>>> - MySQL gets compared to "representative democracy," the wondrous way
>>> of the US.
>>

>> The US ... oh ya, that's the country south of me that comes up with shady
>> intelligence as a means to justify blowing apart a country and hoping to
>> put it back together in some sort of reasonable time frame, right? :)
>
> Easy... Some people one this list may take offense to a comment such as
> that.

That's only the people who try to cover up their shame and awkwardness
by "getting offended". They should be offended by things like this

http://www.counterpunch.org/boles1010.html
http://www.counterpunch.org/green02242003.html
http://www.laweekly.com/ink/03/23/news-crogan.php

which is an important part of what Marc was talking about because that
was the reason why said shady intelligence was necessary in the first
place. I think that is more broken pride than offense.

Regards,
Jan

> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

>> Almost sounds like MySQL 'crash-me' test ;)
>>
>> ----
>> Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
>> Email: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664

>> TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #