Re: BUG #4838: Database corruption after btree_gin index creation

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Daniele Bortoluzzi" <bortoluz(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4838: Database corruption after btree_gin index creation
Date: 2009-06-10 01:44:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Daniele Bortoluzzi" <bortoluz(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I created a multicolumn GIN index with btree_gin functionality (fulltext
> column + timestamp). After creating the index the db segfaulted:

> LOG: server process (PID 14195) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation
> fault

I cannot replicate this problem based on the little information
provided. The GIN bug we found a couple of days ago would explain
the "tuple offset out of range" errors, and if you had had Asserts
enabled it would explain Assert failures; but I don't see that it
explains a segfault. Can you still reproduce this with CVS HEAD,
and if so would you submit a test case? Or at least a stack trace
from the crash?