About pg_dump

From: Daniel Henrique Alves Lima <email_daniel_h(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: About pg_dump
Date: 2004-03-10 23:00:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, everybody !

I don't know if this is the best list to ask this question but if it
doesn't, please forgive me (should i try pgsl-general, maybe ?)...
We have a postgresql database in production and i've 2 questions
about pg_dumpall boring me. We "dump" both ddl and data as SQL commands,
so :

1. Does the created sql script respect the database encoding (will
chars be writen as utf-8 chars or iso-8859-1 char or ...) ?
2. We've a bytea in one table. What exactly happens with the dumped
data ? Is there any trouble with it ?

I believe that we must to worry now (earlier). I don't want to
expect until we must to restore database backup to descover that dumping
data is corrupted :-)

Thanks in advance !!!!