On pgweb project (Re: Update on 'portal' changes)

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: On pgweb project (Re: Update on 'portal' changes)
Date: 2004-03-08 20:49:27
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi!

Josh Berkus wrote:
>>OK, let's paraphrase: what is the reason for having one project for all
>
> websites
>
>>instead of one project per website? I got the impression that *different*
>>developers work on different websites...
>

> Well, GForge/GBorg is seperate. Techdocs should be generated by Bricolage.
> PGFoundation is apparently going to be seperate. Advocacy should be going
> away as soon as the foundation gets its act together. General Bits is
> hosted & adminned by Elein.
>
> What else is there?

Well, currently pgweb project has "This project is the development home of the
PostgreSQL website, www.postgresql.org" as description, but its CVS has
directories for current www.postgresql.org (www), techdocs, advocacy and dir for
a "new" postgresql.org (portal).

I'd rather work on the "new" code in a separate project, where there would be no
problems related to giving me CVS access to current code and where it would be
possible to use available issue trackers.

BTW, why doesn't gborg accept new members?
http://gborg.postgresql.org/member/memjoin.php