Using DataSource and Connection Pooling in Sun's App Server Platform Edition

From: Petra Systems <petrasys(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using DataSource and Connection Pooling in Sun's App Server Platform Edition
Date: 2004-03-02 00:56:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I am having a problem here. I have checked the installation using the
PointBase database and the ping works. My configuration for the
postgres driver is
DataSource classname =
org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3PoolingDataSource
Resource Type = javax.sql.DataSource
PortNumber = 5432
ServerName = localhost
DatabaseName = customer

The database is running and I have implemented DataSource and Connection
Pooling in the application and it all works. I am trying to get over to
an Applicatiion Server and EJB's.

I have also given it the userid and password. It throws the error
message

An error has occurred.
Operation 'pingConnectionPool' failed in 'resources' Config Mbean.
Target exception message: Error getting connection from the EIS

Anyone have experience with Sun's App Server?

Rich Rutkowski