Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?
Date: 2004-03-01 21:08:54
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi!

David Costa wrote:
> Fine, thanks for the clarification. Just for the sake of transparency I
> am working on my own code implementation for the IP2country on
> postgresql mirrors,
> nothing borrowed from horde to avoid any possible trouble. I will upload
> on my beta space as soon as possible.

Current implementation of ip2country in portal was written by Andreas, I didn't
change it at all. I don't think there can be problems with that.

I wanted to borrow some code (Lang class, to be exact) for handling *gettext*
issues.

> It should be fine as pear classes are not part of the source three as
> these are only in the include dir (which is outside of the three).
> I will not modify any existing pear class.
>
> BTW Pear classes are released under PHP license, this should be
> different then LGPL isn't it ?

Different PEAR classes are released under different licenses, AFAIK there exist
BSD and LGPL licensed ones.