Re: pltcl crash on recent macOS

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pltcl crash on recent macOS
Date: 2022-06-14 03:05:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> Switching the order of -bundle_loader and -lc did not help.

Meh. Well, it was worth a try.

I'd be okay with just dropping the -lc from pl/tcl/Makefile and seeing
what the buildfarm says. The fact that we needed it in 1998 doesn't
mean that we still need it on supported versions of Tcl; nor was it
ever anything but a hack for us to be overriding what TCL_LIBS says.

As a quick check, I tried it on prairiedog's host (which has the oldest
Tcl installation I still have in captivity), and it seemed fine.