Re: Connectivity from VB to Postgresql

From: Shachar Shemesh <psql(at)shemesh(dot)biz>
To: cditkayamkulam(at)sancharnet(dot)in
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connectivity from VB to Postgresql
Date: 2004-02-28 20:58:28
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

cditkayamkulam(at)sancharnet(dot)in wrote:

>Hi
>I am using postgresql on RH Linux 9.0. It works perfectly. Now I want to connect with postgresql from Visual Basic Application(on windows machine). Right now I don't have anything on windows machine related to postgresql.How can I get connectivity from VB to postgresql on Linux? Shall I want to install odbc-postgresql driver on windows? From where I can download it freely.
>Thanking you

The ODBC driver for Postgresql is available from
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.php. There is
also a second probject at
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbcplus/projdisplay.php, but it
appears not to have had any activity in over two years.

Then again, if you want to help along in the development process of a
new driver, you can also try out the OLE DB driver at
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/oledb/projdisplay.php (for which I'm
the maintainer). It's terribly in Alpha state at the moment, but it is
already good enough to perform select queries from ADO. If you would use
that, it would greatly help if you provided feedback on how things are
going. Don't use that, however, if you want a stable driver. It isn't
that at the moment.

I'll also mention that neither ODBC nor OLE DB drivers have anything to
do with cygwin at all.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Systems Consulting