Re: compiling problem

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Dirk Dil <mejerdil(at)pt(dot)lu>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: compiling problem
Date: 2004-02-22 13:14:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dirk Dil wrote:

>Rapha?l Enrici (blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr) wrote:
>

>>Hi Dirk,
>>
>>can you also precise the distribution you are building on ?
>>If rpm or deb based isn't it possible for you to use binary packages or
>>rebuild from source packages with some hack to suite your needs ?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Rapha?l
>>

>I've compiled my own system. LFS (linuxfromscratch.org)
>
>I have no experience with rpm and deb. As an LFS'er I hesitate to use
>binaries. By hack do you mean a patch? Where do I get those?

Forget about it. If you were using an rpm or deb based distro like rh,
mdk, debian etc etc and just wanted to install things elsewhere than
/usr/* it would have been "more simple" (simplier in english ?) to take
.src.rpm or deb sources and to modify a couple of files to make the
product install where you want it.
But that's not your case.
Can you send the full build log ? and also the config.log (you'll find
it in the pgadmin3-1.0.2 directory).

As I read your previous mail, you seem to install pgadmin3 (--prefix
line) in the postgresql directory, that's not a good thing I think
although it has nothing to do with the build errors you encounter.

As a track to follow, to get pgA3 to build correctly on debian I had to
backport the configure script from 1.1.x snapshots and patch one file.
Did you try to build a 1.1.x snapshot
(http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/) ? I know this is not a solution, but
this is something to try until we get a better idea of what's goin' on.
(I'm sure of the developers will get an idea).

Regards,
Raphaël

>Merci buckets

Nice to read some french ;)