Re: Function

From: "V i s h a l Kashyap (at) [Sai Hertz And Control Systems]" <sank89(at)sancharnet(dot)in>
To: Sumita Biswas <sbiswas(at)cisco(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Function
Date: 2004-02-21 08:12:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dear Sumita Biswas ,

>I have a postgres function that returns a boolean, I want to use this
>return in another function.
>How do I do it?
>
>Will the following code help me fetch it in a variable:
>select lv_flag = drop_table_if_exists(''alarmconfig'',false);
>drop_table_if_exists is the function which I want to call.

If this valriable is

lv_flag and you are using plpgsql

just declase
lv_flag as boolean
and point as this

lv_flag := drop_table_if_exists(''alarmconfig'',false);

I hope this helps

--
Best Regards,
Vishal Kashyap
Director / Lead Developer,
Sai Hertz And Control Systems Pvt Ltd,
http://saihertz.rediffblogs.com
Jabber IM: vishalkashyap(at)jabber(dot)org
ICQ : 264360076
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire
universe, deserve your love and affection.
- Buddha
I am usually called as Vishal Kashyap
and my Girlfriend calls me Vishal CASH UP.
Because everyone loves me as Vishal Kashyap
and my Girlfriend loves me as CASH.
___
//\\\
( 0_0 )