Re: Date Foo.

From: Brian Knox <laotse(at)aol(dot)net>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Date Foo.
Date: 2004-02-20 20:25:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

Sorry, Not looking for a way to extract a month from a timestamp. I'm
looking for a way to convert an interval from days to months. I'm not
sure after digging into it that there is a way to handle it in SQL, as
the interval that results from subtracting one timestamp from another is
not away of what months the interval spans, so there'd be no proper way
to take month lengths into account.

I gave up on the sql and used Date::Calc from Perl. Thanks for your
answer anyway.