WAL logs and segment files

From: Eduardo Leva <eeeggg499(at)netscape(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WAL logs and segment files
Date: 2004-02-19 17:12:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi, guys... I'm reading the version 7.3.4 documentation and I found this: "

"WAL logs are stored in the directory $PGDATA/pg_xlog, as a set of segment
files, each 16 MB in size. Each segment is divided into 8 kB pages. The
log record headers are described in access/xlog.h; record content is
dependent on the type of event that is being logged. Segment files are
given ever-increasing numbers as names, starting at 0000000000000000. The
numbers do not wrap, at present, but it should take a very long time to
exhaust the available stock of numbers. "

in item 12.2 Implementation. The question is: How do I solve this
situation, the remarked situation? The answer is not in the docs. Thanks.

Pd. Sorry about my poor english. I speak spanish every day of my 3rd.
world's life...
Sigan adelante... Saludos.

Eduardo Leva
Programador