Re: Importing Data into Postgresql from MS Access

From: Jean-Christophe Boggio <cat(at)thefreecat(dot)org>
To: "Kevin Leclaire" <kevin(at)virtualnav(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Importing Data into Postgresql from MS Access
Date: 2000-10-12 21:13:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Kevin,

Ref : Thursday, October 12, 2000 11:05:10 PM

KL> Does anyone know of a utility which can easily convert MS Access tables into
KL> Postgres?

KL> Alternatively, I can export to any format that MSAccess supports (e.g.
KL> comma-delimited text), but would like to know if there are any import
KL> utilities which will simplify the import process into postgres so I don't
KL> have to write a script for 100 fields X thousands of records.

KL> Thanks for your help!
KL> Kevin

RTFM !

1) Create a table in postgres
create table foo
(
name text,
phone text,
age integer
);

2) export your table in "tab" delimited format from access with the
fields in the same order as in postgres :
john 5551212 25
paul 5551313 26
georges 5551414 30
ringo 5551515 27