Re: connection dropping continued

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Markus Wollny <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>, Josh Endries <jendries(at)pragmeta(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: connection dropping continued
Date: 2004-02-17 20:10:44
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Actually, it can be considered a BUG in the firewall, if it disconnects
a tcpip session without sending the proper disconnect packet to the
server, which assumes the connection being still valid and sitting on
that open socket. Even web servers, routinely equipped with timeout
functions themselves, would be delighted to be noticed about disconnects
ASAP, to clean up services and save resources.

Regards,
Andreas