Re: tsearch2: restoring problem

From: Fischer Ulrich <ulrich(dot)fischer(at)aerodynamics(dot)ch>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tsearch2: restoring problem
Date: 2004-02-16 16:20:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> Fischer Ulrich <ulrich(dot)fischer(at)aerodynamics(dot)ch> writes:
>
>>I have a problem with the restoring of a database which uses tsearch2. I
>>made a backup as discribed in 'tsearch-v2-intro' on the tsearch2 page.
>>Now i'm trying to restore it into a testdatabase. The problem is, that
>>the entries of the relations 'pg_ts_cfg', 'pg_ts_cfgmap', 'pg_ts_dict'
>>and 'pg_ts_parser' are not correctly restored. I get errors like:
>

>>psql:restoretest.out:28223: ERROR: copy: line 1, Cannot insert a
>>duplicate key into unique index pg_ts_dict_pkey
>

> Guessing, but it kinda sounds like you are trying to restore into a
> database that already contains tsearch2 support. If you've installed
> tsearch2 into template1 then this is a likely gotcha, since the tsearch2
> objects will propagate into any database cloned from template1. If
> that's the problem then the answer is to create your database from
> template0 instead of template1 before you run the restore. See the
> CREATE DATABASE man page and/or the discussion of template databases in
> the administrator's guide.
>
> regards, tom lane

Thanks for your help. I can't remember to install tsearch2 into
template1. But anyway, I used now template0 and got the same error. I've
just seen, when I load the schema.sql of my db that there is already
something wrong:

ERROR: ALTER TABLE / PRIMARY KEY multiple primary keys for table
'pg_ts_dict' are not allowed
ERROR: ALTER TABLE / PRIMARY KEY multiple primary keys for table
'pg_ts_parser' are not allowed
ERROR: ALTER TABLE / PRIMARY KEY multiple primary keys for table
'pg_ts_cfg' are not allowed
ERROR: ALTER TABLE / PRIMARY KEY multiple primary keys for table
'pg_ts_cfgmap' are not allowed

The input of tsearch2.sql runs error free. Bevor reading schema.sql, I
modified it like described in 'tsearch-v2-intro' (removing all tsearch2
relatet functions, data types and operators). Because of other errors
and because these four relations are already defined by tsearch2.sql, I
also removed their definition in schema.sql.

regards

Ulrich

--
Ulrich G. Fischer Dipl. Natw. ETH