Please help re function packaging...

From: Darius <brynk13(at)netscape(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Please help re function packaging...
Date: 2004-02-09 08:58:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Anyone please help... I'm a newbie on creating functions in postgresql.

Here is an oracle package that I'm trying to port to postgresql:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY NewsPkg.NewsTools
AS
PROCEDURE del_news (i_id IN VARCHAR2)
IS
BEGIN
DELETE FROM tbl_news_type
WHERE uniqueid = i_id;

DELETE FROM tbl_news
WHERE uniqueid = i_id;
END del_news;

PROCEDURE upd_newstype
IS
CURSOR cur_news
IS
SELECT uniqueid
FROM tbl_news_type
WHERE mother_id IS NULL
GROUP BY uniqueid;

v_id tbl_news_type.uniqueid%TYPE;
BEGIN
OPEN cur_news;

LOOP
FETCH cur_news INTO v_id;
upd_mothernews (v_id);
COMMIT;
END LOOP;

CLOSE cur_news;
END upd_newstype;
END NewsTools;

Can anyone help me on how this oracle package would look like in
postgresql... I would really appreciate it if someone could show me even
the synopsis of this code in postgresql. I've been trying all sorts of
ways to come up with the code in postgresql but when I this command:
select NewsTools.del_news('20040111DN001869');
I get this error:
ERROR: Namespace "NewsTools" does not exist

Tnx,
Darius