Partial index in other DB

From: David Garamond <lists(at)zara(dot)6(dot)isreserved(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Partial index in other DB
Date: 2004-02-08 11:42:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Can anybody confirm whether these databases support partial indexes (and
what are their term and syntax)?

SQL Server 2000: I've glanced the T-SQL Reference and it seems it
doesn't support it, though it supports indexing views. CLUSTERED index
is not the same thing, right?

Oracle: I've glanced the 9i SQL Reference and it doesn't seem to support
it. PARTITION-ing is not the same thing, right?

DB2: In the hackers archive, Bruce said that it does support it "using
single-clause predicates".

--
dave