Re: Inserting a Null date.

From: Nabil Sayegh <postgresql(at)e-trolley(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inserting a Null date.
Date: 2004-02-03 22:52:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

Rob Mosher wrote:

> error "Bad date external representation". Is there a way to leave a date
> field null while still having it as an argument in an insert (i.e. INSET
> INTO table (id, mydate) VALUES (1, NULL) ), or will I need to make
> several different insertion statements for each different case?

Works like a charm for me. What version are you using?

I'm using:
root(at)plasma:~# psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 7.3.4

plasma=# CREATE TEMP TABLE demo (id_demo int, datum date);
CREATE TABLE
plasma=# INSERT INTO demo (id_demo, datum) values (1, NULL);
INSERT 10244653 1

HTH
--
e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh