Re: Functions in CHECK constraint not getting dumped before

From: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Functions in CHECK constraint not getting dumped before
Date: 2004-02-01 20:36:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

>>It is found that pg_dump does not dump function referred in CHECK
>>constraint definations before dumping the table defination . As a result
>>the tables
>>do not get restored due to lack of defined functions.
>>

>>Is it something that will be worked upon in future ?
>>

>This is fixed in CVS tip.

Yes it did solve that problem.
another problem that i am facing is during pg_dump i get warning
like:

pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "txtidx_in" appears to be invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "txtidx_out" appears to be invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "qtxt_in" appears to be invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "qtxt_out" appears to be invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "mqtxt_in" appears to be invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "gtxtidx_in" appears to be invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "gtxtidx_out" appears to be invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "gtxtidx_consistent" appears to be
invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "gtxtidx_compress" appears to be invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "gtxtidx_decompress" appears to be
invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "gtxtidx_penalty" appears to be invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "gtxtidx_picksplit" appears to be
invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "gtxtidx_union" appears to be invalid
pg_dump: WARNING: owner of function "gtxtidx_same" appears to be invalid

And in the dump there are lines like:

REVOKE ALL ON FUNCTION txtidx_in(opaque) FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON FUNCTION txtidx_in(opaque) FROM "";
*SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION "103"; <---------------------------------*
GRANT ALL ON FUNCTION txtidx_in(opaque) TO PUBLIC;
RESET SESSION AUTHORIZATION;

can you pls tell me how to get rid of the warnings and the invalid
id "103" in pg_proc i dont see any reference to SYSID 103
in the columns proowner or the acl columns.

Any other places where i should look?

Regds
Mallah.