Re: compiling 7.1-beta1

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
Cc: Vadim Mikheev <vmikheev(at)sectorbase(dot)com>, Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: compiling 7.1-beta1
Date: 2001-01-18 18:15:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Martin A. Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar> writes:
> I'm compiling beta 1 of 7.1 and I have a par of questions.

> analyze.c: In function `transformInsertStmt':
> analyze.c:425: warning: unused variable `resnode'

Fixed in current sources. (I think there is still one unused-var
complaint left in the XLOG code; I've been waiting on Vadim to do
something about it, because it looks like there is code still to be
written there.)

> The other question is if I have to do something special (dump and restore)
> when upgrading from 7.1-beta1 to 7.1-final (or any of the other betas)?

You will need an initdb to go from beta1 to beta3. Sorry about that;
we try to avoid forced initdb after beta cycle starts, but sometimes
it's not possible.

You might want to skip testing beta1 and just start with beta3, or even
a current nightly snapshot.