Re: Russian characters

From: Reshat Sabiq <sabiq(at)purdue(dot)edu>
To: aarni(dot)ruuhimaki(at)kymi(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Russian characters
Date: 2004-01-29 04:24:53
Lists: pgsql-novice

Aarni Ruuhimäki wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Could I have guidelines on how to store and display (generic ?) Russian
>characters right, and Spanish as well, for that matter, alongside with nordic
>/ latin1 ? Encoding ? Running RH 7.3 + Pg 7.4.1. Is this even possible ?
>
>This would be for a dynamic multi lingual cfml-website with browser admin.
>
>locale -a gives me loads of installed system locales including
>
>ru_RU
>ru_RU.koi8r
>ru_RU.utf8
>russian
>ru_UA
>ru_UA.utf8
>
>LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE are now fi_FI
>
>TIA and BR,
>
>Aarni

I suggest making the DB UTF-8-encoded.
But last time i checked, tt worked for me even on a LATIN-1 DB, when
storing and retrieving using JDBC.

--
Sincerely,
Reshat.

If you see my certificate with this message, you should be able to send me encrypted e-mail.
Please consult your e-mail client for details if you would like to do that.