Re: db security; user identification

From: Marcin Gil <marcin(dot)gil(at)audax(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: db security; user identification
Date: 2004-01-27 14:25:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

Martin Atukunda wrote:

> - local all all trust
> + local all all md5
>
> and then have init the postmaster by using su.

I've written a startup script for my Slackware that does that.
I'll reboot the server soon to check it out. Hope it won't
ask for password.

I also maintain my very own i686/athlon-xp packages of postgresql for
slackware. It contains group/user creation, logrotate script, startup
script and all chmodding :)

Regards,
--
Marcin Gil :: marcin(dot)gil(at)audax(dot)com(dot)pl