pgadmin 3 on SUSE linux 9.0

From: justin(at)exinet(dot)co(dot)za (Justin Walsh)
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgadmin 3 on SUSE linux 9.0
Date: 2004-01-23 11:42:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I am new to both pgadmin/postgres and Linux, so forgive the naivety...
First let me say that I am extremely impressed with your product, having
used it on the windows platform to connect to dbs running on *nix machines.
I switched o/s to suse 9.0 and wished to install pgadmin3. I noted that
the version out was for suse 8.2. When I rpm'd the package I got a
dependency error for:

libcrypto.so.0.9.6 en libssl.so.0.9.6

I ensured that my distribution was current with that placed on the suse
site (yast) and tried again, but to no avail.

What can I do to get pgadmin to work on suse (assuming that I know very
little about linux etc)?
Is there a build going to be made that will be expected to run on suse 9.0

Thanks in advance

Justin