Re: Transaction id

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: lnd(at)hnit(dot)is
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transaction id
Date: 2004-01-20 17:36:09
Lists: pgsql-general

lnd(at)hnit(dot)is wrote:

> Is it possible to find "system change ID" in SQL or stored procedures?
> By "system change ID" I understand an internal serialized number which could
> be used to serialize all SQL submitted into the database?
>
> Thank you in advance, Laimis

Not sure what you exactly envision here. What affects the serialization
of statements is more the time when their transaction commits, that the
time they are executed. From the point of view of the statement, that
order will be determined in the future, so how do you expect this thing
to work?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #