Re: New PostgreSQL search resource

From: Jussi Mikkola <jussi(dot)mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, 'PostgreSQL General' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New PostgreSQL search resource
Date: 2004-01-19 19:33:59
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-www

I think most of the people use http://www.postgresql.org/search.cgi

Default settings, search for select distinct returns in about 10
minutes, with "You haven't typed any word(s) to search for."

Same query with match full phrase... (I did not wait long enough. But
several minutes in any case. Don't know about the result.)

Same query with match full phrase and 7.4 documentation. 2 results in 5
seconds. Results are select into and pg_select.

Could we do something to this search? (Change the defaults, divide it to
smaller parts, use different search engine...)

Rgs,

Jussi