Re: problem to connect to database

From: Melanie Bergeron <mbergeron_pg(at)globeecom(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problem to connect to database
Date: 2004-01-16 21:49:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Erwan Arzur wrote:

> Hello Melanie,
>
> maybe reading some material about TCP/IP and sockets will give you the
> answer ... it's indeed not the place for that kind of topics :-) I can
> bet your local network is not 10.0.0.0/24, thus blindly copying the
> sample i provided to you (off the list, my fault) won't help. Have you
> just tried to find what was this file (pg_hba.cond) for, after all ?
>
> Did you try the 'psql gec_test bergeron.melanie' as i suggested ? Any
> error message from that command ?
>
> good luck ...

Yes, I try [psql gec_test bergeron.melanie] and all was ok.
For pg_hba.conf file, I change it to :

# TYPE DATABASE USER IP-ADDRESS IP-MASK METHOD
local all
all
trust
host all all
127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust

Because I read it and realize that I was just copying the line you send
me and it's not appropriate for me.

In fact, I understand how TCP/IP sockets works but I checked so many
things to find the source of this problem that I begin to think that the
problem is in my face and I can't see it. I will try to forget it for
the week-end and maybe I will have more results monday.

Dave Cramer wrote:

>Melanie,
>
>phone me
>
>519 939 0336, I have an urgent call in 30 (14:30 EST) minutes so if you
>can do it now, I'll take it
>
>Dav

Thank you Dave for the offer but I don't want to disturb you with my
problem. I just want to know if you had any ideas but it seems to be a
problem rather not very common.

Thank you all for replies!

Melanie