Re: Requirements for updated site

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Requirements for updated site
Date: 2004-01-16 16:45:53
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi!

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>Like, move to a saner color palette from the current week-old-corpse one? ;]
>
> Look forward to seeing what you have in mind ...

I am not a designer. And looking at the archives there were designers
who wanted to contribute their work, but were turned down...

> BTW, while you are pounding on something that nobody else here seems to
> agree about, the rest of us are working on those issues that have been
> highlighted as 'needing to do' before we even visit redesigning the site
> ... if you want to be helpful, you might want to re-focus your energies on
> what has a chance of being done now, instead of beating a dead horse ...
>
> There are alot of ppl on this list, all of whom have opinions ... some ppl
> on this list have been working *with* the rest for several years now ...
> each has their own opinions on things, but each works with the rest for
> the overall good ... so far, all your threads have amounted to "my way is
> right, your way is wrong, let's change to my way" ...
>
> A site re-design will *not* happen for at least another 6 months, as there
> are higher priority things in the works ... now, if you would like to
> re-focus your efforts on that in a non-antogonistic way, maybe we can get
> those issues resolved and can then focus on a site re-design? Or doesn't
> the 'backend stuff' interest you?

Marc, with all due respect. I already proposed some backend changes and
am willing to start working on them myself. Right now I am waiting for
someone to post the data needed to setup a local copy of the server (see
topic 'database dump needed, after all', it is not in the archives yet).

If you can be that 'someone' (I hope *you* have enough access rights?)
then please do so, I'll start hacking on the backend and will not waste
the subscribers' time until I have something to show them. Thanks in
advance.