problem starting postmaster as a service

From: Melanie Bergeron <mbergeron_pg(at)globeecom(dot)com>
To: postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: problem starting postmaster as a service
Date: 2004-01-15 16:33:31
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Hi all!

I have a big problem installing postmaster as a service under Windows XP
with cygwin. I already installed postgresql on 2 machines without
problems but this machine really seem to don't like postgresql ;) I do
exactly the procedure indicated in the README file but I always got the
same problem with this machine. When I try to start postmaster
[cygrunsrv -S postmaster] who was previously installed as a service with
the command [cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster
--args "-D /usr/share/postgresql/data2 -i" --dep ipc-daemon2 --termsig
INT --user jeanseb --shutdown], I always got the same error :

The postmaster service could not be started.
The service did not report an error.

I checked if an old postmaster.pid was not deleted and I don't found
any. Any help will be really really appreciated.

Thanks

Melanie