Re: Postgress and MYSQL

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Rick Gigger <rick(at)alpinenetworking(dot)com>
Cc: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgress and MYSQL
Date: 2004-01-14 21:15:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

>That's good to hear. What is monogo and is it the problem here? Why don't
>it use TSearch if it is better? Is it just a matter of someone taking the
>time to set it up?

It is a little more complicated than that. Monogo or whatever it is
called is more
like a web spider that uses postgresql. Thus we can search the entire
postgresql
website. Tsearch is more about text search within PostgreSQL so we would
have
to load the books etc... into the database. That is not as easy as it
sounds.

Also if you are looking for something very cool... check out www.pgsql.ru

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake