100 simultaneous connections, critical limit?

From: Jón Ragnarsson <jonr(at)vortex(dot)is>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 100 simultaneous connections, critical limit?
Date: 2004-01-14 12:42:21
Lists: pgsql-performance

I am writing a website that will probably have some traffic.
Right now I wrap every .php page in pg_connect() and pg_close().
Then I read somewhere that Postgres only supports 100 simultaneous
connections (default). Is that a limitation? Should I use some other
method when writing code for high-traffic website?
J.

--
jonr(at)vortex(dot)is
http://jonr.beecee.org