Re: full text search in 8.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: andy <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: full text search in 8.3
Date: 2007-10-11 18:40:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

andy <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net> writes:
> the operator = is not the 'normal =' is it? Its the 'tsearch2 =', right?

That one probably is, but how is your sed script going to distinguish it
from other user-defined '=' operators that might be in the dump?

> Do I need to worry about sed with window's users?

I think sed is available but not normally installed on Windows.
Unfortunately the same could be said of any other tool you might choose,
so that's probably not a reason not to use it.