Re: (no subject)

From: Bruno LEVEQUE <bruno(dot)leveque(at)net6d(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, Lduren02(at)aol(dot)com
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: 2004-01-14 07:38:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

First, your database server is not running so you cannot do anything.

So, I thoink you need to follow the steps :
1 - initdb -D /Thedirectory where are your data (With RPM maybe you don't need this step)
2 - postmaster -S -D /Thedirectory -i & (maybe have you a /etc/init.d/postgres*, in this case you only need to tape /etc/init.d/postgres* start, I put postgres* because I don't know exactky the name)

And now you can create an user and a database

Bruno