Re: Preventing changes to default settings of a collective account?

From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet(at)vicr(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Alex Gutman" <agutman(at)emc(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Preventing changes to default settings of a collective account?
Date: 2005-02-24 17:36:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

Collective user accounts are all well & good so long as everyone using
it understands that you don't change stuff. If you've got a user who is
adamant that they have to have a specific password, etc... Then your
only recourse is to create them their own user account. I've done that.
It's a bit painful, but a lot less than having the collective/generic
access account messed with. Therefore I agree wholeheartedly with Tom.