Re: [HACKERS] Where do they find the time??? Great

From: Charles Tassell <ctassell(at)isn(dot)net>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Where do they find the time??? Great
Date: 2001-09-17 04:47:45
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Heh, don't laugh. That would actually be a great product, considering all
those pre-written PHP and PERL scripts for MySQL. I'm the SysAdmin of an
ISP, and I have a lot of conversations with our web clients like:

Do you support MySQL?

No, we use Postgres, it's got better features.

Yeah, but I found this script on the web, but it only supports MySQL, and
I'm to lazy/stupid/cheap to convert it to Postgres.

Of course, I'm too lazy/cheap to admin two different database servers, so
the clients are out of luck unless they want to pay extra for MySQL (no one
has as of yet).