Re: Problem with postgreSQL (number of backends)

From: Charles Tassell <ctassell(at)isn(dot)net>
To: borchert(at)antsatwork(dot)de (Konstantin Borchert), pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with postgreSQL (number of backends)
Date: 2001-04-25 01:52:45
Lists: pgsql-general

From my understanding, postmaster.opts just tells you what the config
parameters are for the running database, and it's over-written upon each
restart of postmaster. You'll want to add the options to the script that
actually starts Postgres. On a RedHat system, take a look in
/etc/rc.d/init.d or /etc/init.d for a file called "postgres" and set the
OPTS line to "-N 256 -B 512". IE
OPTS="-N 256 -B 512"